Wednesday, February 20, 2013

23.

guys...i'm 23.

i'm gettin to that "mid-20's" range...and it's really weird. cause i still feel really little.

but this years birthday was so great! and because of leap year last year...my birthday skipped bein on a sunday and was on monday, which happened to be president's day...and we had no school!! lucky me!

what was funny was that jenna, me niece, thought that she didn't have school because it was my birthday....oh and i guess president's day, too. 
{i'm kind of a big deal in this house :)}

first off...my wonderful mother in law made dinner of my choice on sunday night when we were there.

we had spaghetti with her homemade garlic breadsticks {to DIE for}:


she also made the oh so delicious BTS cake that is my favorite and we all had some after watching brave. such a great film.

then monday morning started out pretty fabulous. i went to a birthday brunch at perkinds with two of my sisters, my 2 sister-in-laws, and my mother-in-law.

my in-laws gave me the comfiest pajama pants EVER from tj maxx {currently wearing them}, $40 gift card to cold stone {think i like ice cream much?}, and they pre ordered les miserables for me on dvd. :) could not believe how sweet they were to me. i am so blessed.




we then came home..i took a nap and woke up to my niece giving me slobbery birthday kisses on the nose. {and what is better than that?}


my sister and her girls gave me perfume and the movie, the vow {i've been wanting it forever}. and norman gave me a set of plain white dish set {i've also been wanting some of those for a while}, and he had a little grey and yellow sign made that has our marriage mantra on it: "aim to please"
we'd been talking about making one for forever but had never done it.
so sweet, that boy.

i then got to skype with my parents for about an hour and it was so good to see them and talk to them.

we then went to the mall to do a little shopping and such....my friend from hair school hooked me up at the store she worked at {you know who you are and what you did...thanks, lover} :)

then we went to none other than...wingers.


when we got there norman's grandparents were there...we wondered what was up and they were out the door smiling and saying happy birthday and wishing me a fabulous night.

we came in and were seated by our hostess, she then gave me a card that had my name on it and said that norman's grandma and grandpa wanted me to have it.

i opened it up and it was a gift card to wingers. such a nice way to finish off my night.

everyone worked so hard to make my day so special and it worked. everyone was so great and made my day pretty perfect. so i thank you all and i think 23 is gonna be the best year yet!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Looks like an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great birthday! You are hardly old, though. Wait until you hit 25 and are no longer in your early 20s. :)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS